FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Ways to prepare:
• Thaw a cup of Raw Gourmet naturally overnight in the chiller (7hrs duration max)
• Thaw naturally outside until meat is defrosted completely (1-2hrs)
• You may also use a microwave to defrost Raw Gourmet for 3 mins (depending on your microwave setting)
Once the meat is softened, add some water, mix well and serve warm.
1/2 cup: Use 5 spoons of hot water
1 cup: Use 10 spoons of hot water
If your cat is accustomed to raw feeding, this delicious food will be eaten quite immediately.
Otherwise, here is what you should do:
• Remove their dry food entirely during this transition
• Your cat must be hungry before they will even try the Raw Gourmet
• There is a possibility that your cat may go on a hunger strike for a few days (2-3 days). However, once their survival instinct kicks in, they will start to eat it. Provide water for your cats to drink during this transition training.
Mix well their canned food with Raw Gourmet. Reduce their canned food gradually whilst increasing the proportion of Raw Gourmet.
• Repeat this until your cat is fully on Raw Gourmet.
• You may jumpstart your cat's tasting experience by feeding a pinch of Raw Gourmet directly to your cat.
Try this method and let us know! :)
Welcome to a healthier way of feeding your furbabies!
Is Raw Gourmet halal?
• Yes, Raw Gourmet is made with halal meat and ingredients, by a Muslim-owned establishment.
Are there any other meat flavours (other than chicken) in Raw Gourmet?
• At the moment, chicken is the main ingredient in Raw Gourmet. We will have beef, lamb, venison, turkey, rabbit, and fish in future.
How long can a cup last once opened or defrosted?
• Once a cup is opened, Raw Gourmet has to be consumed within 4 hours.
One way to keep it for longer is to half it and refrigerate the other portion for the next feeding. However, once defrosted, it must be consumed within the next 3-4 hours.
Can dogs consume Raw Gourmet?
• Yes, they definitely can!
Methods to serve Raw Gourmet raw:
• Defrost for 10 mins or Cook for 3 mins in microwave
• Add 3 spoons of water and mix well.
**Microwave for extra 3 minutes if your cat prefers the cooked version.
My pet has allergies. Can I feed her with Raw Gourmet?
• Kindly let us know what type of allergy your cat has and we will advise you further. Most cats with allergies due to medication or environmental factors are able to eat Raw Gourmet.
How long does Raw Gourmet last and what is the best way to store it?
• Frozen Raw Gourmet can be kept in the freezer for 44 days. The average duration to keep thawed raw meat in the refrigerator is 2 days. Keep the raw meat in an airtight container or ziplock bag to prevent cross-contamination.
When can my kitten start on Raw Gourmet?
• Our products are suitable for kittens as young as 6 weeks old onwards. If they are already used to biscuits, you may want to mix it with Raw Gourmet with a ratio of 20:80 (20% Raw Gourmet, 80% biscuits) to start with, and gradually increase the ratio by 20% every 2-3 days to ensure a gentle transition.
Can I microwave or reheat Raw Gourmet?
• No, Raw Gourmet should not be re-cooked or reheated in a microwave. To maintain the nutritional values, it is important to serve Raw Gourmet in its natural thawed state. Any heat process will further reduce the benefits in the cat's diet. The process is simple – thaw in the chiller, then serve.
Where can we purchase Raw Gourmet?
• We sell directly on our website (link here)! Or drop by our boutique at Vibes @ East Coast, 308 Telok Kurau Road #01-14 Singapore 423858
Do you do delivery?
• Yes, we deliver for $15 per trip. Minimum order for free delivery is $75. Orders made after 3pm will be delivered on the next working day.
FOR OTHER QUESTIONS, KINDLY DROP US A MESSAGE VIA CONTACT@DESIGNERBENGALSINGAPORE.COM